Windows 7 support has ended

Get Windows 10 to continue receiving support.

Upgrade now

Bluetooth headset does not work with Windows 7 - Device is detected.

I have a Dell XPS 1530 which had Vista 32 bit Running. I recently upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate. Ever after that the DELL BH 200 Bluetooth headset does not work with my laptop.

The bluetooth adapter and the device is fine since I am able to search and find all bluetooth devices including my headset. However I get a yellow exclamation mark on the headset under the devices. The headset can be paired with other devices like my mobile and works fine.

I have already tried updating the drivers and reinstalling the device and adapter from the Device manager. We have a similar configuration on my brother's computer and it works fine .
Answer
Answer
Another thing to look at, would be which stack is being used.  I know from personal exp. that some devices will only work with the Toshiba stack, vs the MSFT stack.  Do a search and see if anyone else is using a different stack with these devices.
Network Systems Engineer * Zvetco Biometrics * Windows Server 2008 R2 * Core2 6600 @ 3.30GHz * 16 GIGS RAM * NVIDIA 9400GT * **>>PLEASE VOTE POSTS AS USEFUL TO ASSIST OTHER USERS<

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 13, 2020 Views 44,747 Applies to: