Question

blue screen error

HHang asked on
I keep receiving this message every time my computer abruptly restarts. any suggestions as to what may be causing it would be greatly appreciated. I've tried looking further into it and as far as i know all my drives are up to date and everything seemed fine. I even thought that maybe it was too hot so I've played it in a cooler room with the ac on and it still abruptly restarts. It would make a sound then restart. I've cleaned it out too. Thank you in advance.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode:    124
  BCP1:    0000000000000000
  BCP2:    FFFFFA8006A4F038
  BCP3:    0000000000000000
  BCP4:    0000000000000000
  OS Version:    6_1_7601
  Service Pack:    1_0
  Product:    768_1
1 person had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Patrick Barker replied on

OK so I've done the memtest86 for 15 passes and it came out clean.

Now I'm testing my video card with FurMark and I have NO IDEA what I'm doing. I put my resolution to  1280x720, went to the settings and check the "Log GPU data" box, then press "Burn-In Test" and clicked "GO."

After running FurMark a bit my computer restarted by itself.

I honestly don't get it. How do I know what is wrong with my computer? Should I run it again?
Hi,

This implies there is an issue either with your video card or power supply, but I am going to assume we are dealing with a PSU issue here due to the restarting. Does your computer restart when playing games or intensive applications or when idle (browsing web, desktop, etc)? If your computer restarts even when sitting idle and not having anything intensive going on, it's more than likely a power supply issue.

Regards,

Patrick
Debugger/Reverse Engineer.
Be the first person to mark this helpful

Abuse history

progress