Question

Blue Screen Error KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR Windows 7

GabrielG123 asked on
I keep getting a blue screen error every time my computer goes to sleep and I try to turn it back on. It seems that the driver: partmgr.sys has something to do with the problem. I am honestly lost and really need help. 
3 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Patrick Barker replied on

Thanks!

The attached DMP file is of the KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a) bugcheck.

This bug check indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory.

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000009d - STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED

DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware

^^ 0xC000009D, or STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED, indicates defective or loose cabling, termination, or that the controller does not see the hard disk (possible hard disk failure).

Chkdsk:
There are various ways to run Chkdsk~

Method 1:

Start > Search bar > Type cmd (right click run as admin to execute Elevated CMD)

Elevated CMD should now be opened, type the following:

chkdsk x: /r

x implies your drive letter, so if your hard drive in question is letter c, it would be:

chkdsk c: /r

Restart system and let chkdsk run.

Method 2:

Open the "Computer" window
    Right-click on the drive in question
    Select the "Tools" tab
    In the Error-checking area, click <Check Now>.

If you'd like to get a log file that contains the chkdsk results, do the following:

Press Windows Key + R and type powershell.exe in the run box

Paste the following command and press enter afterwards:

get-winevent -FilterHashTable @{logname="Application"; id="1001"}| ?{$_.providername –match "wininit"} | fl timecreated, message | out-file Desktop\CHKDSKResults.txt

This will output a .txt file on your Desktop containing the results of the chkdsk.

If chkdsk turns out okay, run Seatools -

http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

You can run it via Windows or DOS. Do note that the only difference is simply the environment you're running it in. In Windows, if you are having what you believe to be device driver related issues that may cause conflicts or false positive, it may be a wise decision to choose the most minimal testing environment (DOS).

Run all tests EXCEPT: Fix All, Long Generic, and anything Advanced.

Regards,

Patrick
Debugger/Reverse Engineer.
1 person found this helpful

Abuse history

progress