Blue Function Keys on Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Keyboard do not work

I recently purchased a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Keyboard and Mouse for my wife. Her Windows 7 system recognized the hardware and downloaded the Microsoft software for the combo. Despite that, most of the blue function keys at the top do not work, even with the toggle switch in the "Fn" position. There is no option in the Microsoft software to reset or remap the keys. As far as I can determine, only the "Print Screen" key seems to work. None of the sound keys work, nor does the calculator key. Please help.

Question Info

Last updated April 22, 2019 Views 7,299 Applies to:
Hello,
Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forum.
The issue may occur if you have not updated the drivers of the specified keyboard model. So I would suggest you to download and install the driver/software available in the following link:
Downloads
You may also go through the following Knowledge Base article that highlights the usage of new features in the Sculpt Comfort Keyboard:
New features of the Sculpt Comfort Keyboard
Also check:

Some function keys or keyboard shortcuts do not work correctly on a computer that is running Windows 7

If you still face any issues, then I would suggest you to contact the Microsoft Hardware Support for further assistance from this link:

Contact Support | Microsoft Hardware
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/support/contact-us

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to get back to us for any further queries or issues related to Windows.
Regards,

Harkanwar

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your reply. As it turns out, the problem was with the USB port to which the wireless receiver was connected. When I moved it to another port, the function keys began working as intended. I don't understand why this would happen, since the USB ports are integrated on the motherboard, but it works and I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!

Regards,

Ron

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the update Ron!

Please try updating the chipset drivers. Visit the computer manufacturer's support website to download the appropriate drivers.

For a list of computer manufacturers' support sites, visit:

Computer Manufacturers' Contact Information

If you still have issues, please contact the computer manufacturer. Also, for any other issues regarding Windows, please feel free to post, we'll be glad to assist you.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you too! :)
Regards,

Harkanwar

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue, tried all suggestions but could not solve the issue.  My hardware is different in that I have a Surface 4 Pro with Windows 10 Version 1703 OS Build 15063.540 and the Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Mouse.  The behavior I experience is the same.  I have unpaired and pair with machine multiple times with the same result.  I have also paired it with another machine and it works fine there.  This is a Bluetooth connection without a dongle.  I have tried to search for a driver for this keyboard but there doesn't seem to be one.
Breach the gap between the classroom and the industry. Go to http://www.danvir.com/jazz4sale

Sorry this didn't help.