Question

Q: Hard Drive not available This thread is locked from future replies

I did an upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 Home Premium.   I did a clean install, not an upgrade.  I had 2 hard drives on the PC.  At the start of the process, it asked it I wanted to partion drives.  I responded yes and did the reboot from the disk.   Each hard drive had 2 partitions under Vista.  I wanted to move to 1 partition under Windows 7.   It allowed me to delete the virtual drives and proceeded with the install.   Everything when fine from there without any errors.   When I check My Computer, only 1 of the drives is available.  I went to device manager and the controller for the 2nd drive is there.  It says it is working properly.  I tried updating the driver and it said I had the latest driver.  I checked the tab that shows drive statistics and it is blank.  At the bottom there is a populate button.  I clicked it and it displays the statistics for the drive correctly.   It doesn't make it available.  if I exit and come back in the statistics are blank again.  I have done reboots and it is still not available under My Computer.   How do I get Windows 7 to see this drive?

Answer

A:

Right click on My Computer, select Manage.  On the following screen, click on Disk Management.  On the right hand side, you should now see the drive.  Assign it a drive letter and now it should be seen in Windows Explorer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

1 person was helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 803 Last updated: March 13, 2018 Applies to: