Question

Q: Problem in multiple monitor

I got a really strange problem. I tried few days ago to connect a multimeida projector to my laptop that was wokring on Windows 7 but it showed the display on only the projecor and not on my laptop. All attempts to detect external monitor or projector filed. Then I boot the pc again with the projector being pluged out and first tried to detect the projector/external monitor. But it reulted inb a very strange thing. Now I cant see on my laptop if I run win 7 normally but under safe mode (and win XP) it shows display. I can see win 7 display only (not on my laptop) if some external monitor or projector is connected. I tried to select the multiple display option but for me it results in nothing. Help me please and tell what exactly to do I really like this win 7 miss to use it on my laptop....... Waiting for a solution

Answer

A:

Hi Raza1179,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Windows Vista answers forum.

This is a Windows Vista support forum but I’ll be happy to offer some suggestions that might get you pointed in the right direction. I will move this thread to the Windows 7 community wherein you can get some more assistance.

Since it is working fine in safe mode, it may be possible that some third party programs might be conflicting. Follow the steps below to figure out if there is any program conflicting. The article mentioned below states about the troubleshooting steps to be perform if any program if found to be conflicting

To perform a clean boot on a computer that is running Windows Vista:

1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.

3. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.

4. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.

5. Click OK.

6. When you are prompted, click Restart.

7. After the computer starts, check if the issue is fixed.

If your issue is resolved after performing Clean Boot, then follow the steps mentioned in the following KB article to narrow down the exact source:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Also, see the section on how return your computer to a Normal startup mode by following the steps under “Reset the computer to start as usual”, after performing the clean boot troubleshooting.

Hope it helps!

Thanks and Regards,
Gulrez

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 818 Last updated: March 13, 2018 Applies to: