Import video from camcorder

I have a Sony DCR-TRV22 camcorder that connects to my computer via 1394 firewire. I'm using Windows 7 64bit Professional. When I connect the camera to the computer, the camcorder shows up under "Printers and Devices" with the correct name, so it appears to connect OK. However, I cannot do anything else with it. I can't import video using either Windows Live Movie Maker or Nero software. The import software doesn't recognize the camcorder, even though the computer does recognize it and has installed the Windows native drivers for it. Sony does not offer drivers for this device other than those found in the Windows OS.

How can I import video when the software won't recognize it, but the computer does?

Question Info

Last updated September 8, 2018 Views 1,533 Applies to:
Answer

hello

Right click on the firewire host controller entry in the device manager (

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.)

and choose Update Driver Software

Browse my computer for driver software

Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

Select 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy) and then Next

Please click the Check Mark As Answered On This Page If this post helps to resolve your issue as it helps others who need quick access to Answers THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.