How do I save custom print settings on Epson R200 printer in Windows 7?

I recently purchased a new Dell with Windows 7, and I have an Epson R200 printer.  When I go to "advanced" print settings I do not see an option for saving them.  For example, when using Photoshop I want to save glossy photo paper type, photo print quality, etc.  This is annoying because I need to reset them every time I want to print.   I used to be able to save custom settings in Windows XP.

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 705 Applies to:
Answer
"cdptrans" wrote in message news:dc452007-cb22-4d6e-8813-b56f322eb875...

I recently purchased a new Dell with Windows 7, and I have an Epson R200 printer.  When I go to "advanced" print settings I do not see an option for saving them.  For example, when using Photoshop I want to save glossy photo paper type, photo print quality, etc.  This is annoying because I need to reset them every time I want to print.   I used to be able to save custom settings in Windows XP.

Custom print settings are a function normally of the printer driver.  Have you gone to Epson's web site and downloaded and installed the latest printer drivers for your printer and Win 7?  If there are no drivers on the web site then you would be using the default drivers within Win 7 and they are normally restricted in their capabilities.  Quick check showed no Vista or Win 7 drivers for that printer as it is an older one.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.