Problem with monitor

well i am not sure if monitor is the cause of the problem...

Ok listen  every time(but not always) i start my computer after windows startup  i see my desktop and after 1-2 minutes(not more) my screen display goes black or white or grey....the computer and the screen are still working but no response..i dont even see the cursor.....i restart my computer and after everything is fine...it never happens again...but the next day it happens again!!!!

my graphics card is ATI Radeon 5770,my OS is windows 7 64 bit and my screen is LG Monitor-TV M227WD..refresh rate is 60Hz and resolution is 192x1080..the first 1-2 days i used the computer that problem didnt appear...so it makes me think that maybe i downloaded something that causes this problem(a programme) OR its a hardware problem??

I have updated the graphics drivers and also i have all the microsoft updates..
need help!

Sorry if i didnt post in the right section

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 504 Applies to:
Answer

Hi NewInHere,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers!

Method 1: Enable VGA Mode on the Windows Startup menu.

If you press F8 and choose Enable VGA Mode on the Windows Startup menu, Windows starts with a screen area of 640 by 480 pixels with low 8-bit color and uses a potentially OEM-provided video driver, not the Microsoft Standard VGA driver. However, if you choose any Safe mode options, the generic Microsoft Standard VGA driver is used with the restrictions that are noted in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/257562/

Method 2: Reduce the graphics hardware acceleration settings and check.

To reduce the graphics hardware acceleration setting, follow these steps:

Click Start, click Run, type desk.cpl, and then click OK.

1. Click the Settings tab, and then click Advanced.
  2. Click the Troubleshooting tab, and then move the Hardware Acceleration slider until it is one notch to the right of None (the Basic acceleration setting).
  3. Click OK, and then click Close.
  4. If you are prompted to restart the computer, click Yes.

For more information visit the following link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/191660

Regards,

Divya R – Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.