windows 7..display problems

Hi,

I have installed windows 7 ultimaite on my laptop DELL inspiron 1545...then,  I installed the relevant drivers......once I installed the windows 7 display driver after I download it from DELL support site........I experienced a problem in display driver as follows:
 1- when the laptop on Battery....then I boot the laptop, it going on normally but after 1 minute or two.... the display shows color rubbish and the whole system stopped...i cant do any thing that make me to do the forced shut down from the power button..to get rid of this problem.
2- when the laptop on charger power   this problems disapear.
3- I tried instead to install the Vista display driver.....I noticed that problem disappeared but with not complete function such as I cant control the brightness of the display neither from the keyboard didcated buttons nor from the control pannel.

pls advise abt that...thnx

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 904 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Omar,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers!

This might be occurring due to the power plans. You may change the power plans settings and check if the issue is resolved.

1. Open Power Options by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then clicking Power Options.
  2. Under the plan that you want to change, click Change plan settings.
  3. On the Change settings for the plan page.
  4. Click on Change advance power settings
  5. In the drop down menu select High Performance.

Now check if the issue persists.

For more details follow the links given below.

Power plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Power-plans-frequently-asked-questions

Change, create, or delete a power plan (scheme)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-create-or-delete-a-power-plan-scheme

Hope this information is helpful.

Amrita M

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.