Driver Issue : Nvidia GeForce 7500 LE

Have an HP Pavilion desktop (few years old), with an NVIDIA chipset, GeForce 7500 LE version. I've had Windows 7 Ultimate installed for a few months, with no display problems.

On 12/27 Windows Update presented me with an optional update to the driver (listed as Microsoft Corporation WDDM). Installed, then restarted. No problems for about 10 minutes, then the display went blank and the speakers made a loud buzzing. Restarted the PC, and the start-up screen has a pattern of lines, then a screen with zeroes where the lines were, then an error screen, and the PC reboots again, and I then have to start in Safe Mode.

Went to the Nvidia site, and installed an update to series 7 cards listed as 09/27. Same problem. Now Windows Update is listing a Recommended update to the driver. Tired it, but it appears to be the same Nvidia Septemeber driver, so the problem persists.

Tried Restoring to prior to the update. Didn't fix it. Then tried restoring to a previous restore point. On start-up, even worse, as Safe Mode resulted in a blank screen with the mouse pointer on it.

I have to change the driver to a Standard VGA Graphics adapter for me to be able to boot the PC up.

Any ideas ? Is the graphics card now useless, or can I correct this ?

Question Info

Last updated April 29, 2018 Views 2,569 Applies to:
Answer
The latest driver for the 7500 LE - an OEM card based on the 7300GS - is the 195.62 from nVidia dated 26.11. This should work well.

From your symptoms I think your card has failed. Either the latest driver gave better performance than any previous but stressed a weakened component or the failure was just coincidence.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.