Windows 7 and Winfast PX6600 Graphics Card

I recently installed a legal version of Windows 7 Pro on my Desktop. It is almost impossible to do anything with out the driver (which is Win 7 Certified) to function.

The screen will black out, come back on, black out, come back on, etc until it finally brings me back to my desktop with a warning message in the bottom right hand corner telling me that the "driver quit responding and has successfully recovered."

I have installed and removed numerous versions of Nvidia drivers and Winfast Nvidia. By the way, the card is Nvidia based.

My desktop:

Intel Pentium D at 2.80 GHZ
2gb's of Ram
Winfast PX6600 GT TDH PCI Express Graphics Card

Basically no matter which driver version I install, it continues to give me the same errors.
And, when I would remove a driver, I did it through the Device Manager.

Question Info

Last updated June 10, 2018 Views 1,120 Applies to:
Answer

Hi, 

Welcome to Microsoft Windows 7 Answers Forum!

You may try the steps below and check if the issue gets fixed.

Now try booting your computer in Safe Mode again and check.

To boot into safe mode, follow the below steps:

1.    Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.

Click the Start button, click the arrow next to the Lock button, and then click Restart.

2.    Do one of the following:

•    If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you will need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

•    If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start in safe mode, and then press F8.

3.    On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the safe mode option you want, and then press ENTER. For more information about options, see Advanced startup options (including safe mode).

4.    Log on to your computer with a user account that has administrator rights.

When your computer is in safe mode, you'll see the words Safe Mode in the corners of the display. To exit safe mode, restart your computer and let Windows start normally.

Refer the below link for more details:

Start your computer in safe mode

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode

If the issue persists, do the following :

To perform a Startup Repair follow the steps below:

1. Please insert the Windows 7 DVD and reboot the computer.

2. When we are prompted to press a key to boot from the DVD, please press Enter or the space bar.

3. Choose your language settings, and then click Next.

4. Click Repair your computer.

5. Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.

6. On the System Recovery Options menu, click Startup Repair. Startup Repair might prompt you to make choices as it tries to fix the problem, and if necessary, it might restart your computer as it makes repairs.

Access the link below for more information about startup repair:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/5c59f8c1-b0d1-4f1a-af55-74f3922f3f351033.mspx

Also see :

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/thread/ab43493b-247c-427e-ba21-4950eea279ac

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/24b44a01-872e-4d87-867f-ed01a3579031/  for Black screen issue

Thanks and Regards:

Suresh Kumar- Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.