Audio device driver not properly installed for Asus P5AD2-E on-board audio device

I did a clean install of Windows 7 on 2 identical computers with the Asus P5AD2-E motherboard. Both have the same problem: a message "No Audio Output Device is Installed". Letting Windows try to solve the problem then results in an attempt to reinstall the device driver, which fails with the message "High Definition Audio Device has a driver problem". Nothing I tried so far (uninstalling the driver, manually installing a RealTek driver for Windows 7) has worked.

Any help is appreciated!

Arend

Question Info

Last updated September 6, 2018 Views 6,574 Applies to:
Answer
Hi,

On the Asus website it states that this on board sound card is not compatible with Windows 7 and there are no drivers available for Windows 7 as well.

Download the audio drivers for Windows XP and install them in compatibility mode and check.
Browse to the page below and type the model number of this laptop in the search box on the left pane.
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx

Method 1.
I would recommend you to install the drivers in windows XP SP2 compatibility mode.
Use the following steps to do so:
Follow the steps below to install this software in Windows XP SP2 Compatibility mode:
1. Right click on the setup file.
2. Go to properties.
3. Click on Compatibility mode.
4. Place a check mark the box  in the box in front of  “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and from the drop down menu choose Windows XP SP2.
5. Place a check mark on "Run as an Administrator" under privileges level and click on Apply and then Ok.
5. Now double click on the setup file to initiate the install.

Method 2.
I would also recommend you to check if there are any Windows updates for this device.
Automatically get recommended drivers and updates for your hardware
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Automatically-get-recommended-drivers-and-updates-for-your-hardware
Method 3.
If still the issue persists you may have to check with the manufacturer if the sound card is working fine.

Hope thiie hepls.

Thanks and Regards:
Shekhar S - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.
Thanks and Regards,
Shekhar Sharma

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.