Where did my CD, DVD and printer go?

What has happened to my printer, CD & DVD as well as the erratic functioning of my mouse? I have run the very latest virus definitions in avast Antivirus, in addition to Adaware, Emisoft's Anti-Malware and Malawarebytes Anti- Malware programs. I even ran Microsoft's own troubleshooting and fix-it solution. The MS program did detect the CD & DVD but came back with Code 43 for Port_#0002.Hub_#0002 and Code 43 for Port_#0001.Hub_#0006. What does this all mean?

Additionally, my mouse's erratic functioning varies greatly. Sometimes it works normally as it should and then in the next minute it can barely be made to move.  I have a Microsoft wireless mouse model # 1058 and a wireless keyboard model #5000. The optical drives are: TSST Corp CD DVDW SH-S223F SCSI & HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW+H20L SCSI. I am using Win7 Pro and have an AMD Tripe Core 8650 with 4 GB of RAM. I have two WD Raptors running RAID 0+3.

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 312 Applies to:
Answer

Hi BobbyLama,

•       Since when are you facing this issue?
  •       Did you make any changes to the computer before this issue started?

I would suggest you to create a system restore point manually,in case something goes wrong while performing these steps, you may always perform a System Restore.

After creating the system restore point, I would suggest you to remove the drivers for your DVD ROM rom the device manager and install the generic drivers and check if it works fine.

While uninstalling the device from the device manager, make sure you follow the steps below:

1. Click on Start.

2. Access Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager.

3. Open Device Manager and expand the DVD/CD-Rom Drive..

4. Right click on the CD DVD device and uninstall the device.

While uninstalling the device in device manager, make sure you place a check mark against "Delete the driver software for this device".

Restart the computer and let it install the generic drivers and check if it works fine.

If the above steps do not help, you may try to download the drivers for your DVD drive from the manufacturer’s website and install it and check if it works.

You may repeat the same steps for all the USB devices for error code 43 and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Let us know the results.

Thanks and Regards,

Srinivas R

Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.