Multiple BSOD's with ATI Radeon HD 5870 10.4 drivers and all previous drivers.

Hi all, this issue has been going on for about a week now and I don't know what to do anymore.  I am currently running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and I updated my ATI card last week witht he current 10-4 drivers.  Ever since then, I have been getting BSOD's left and right.  My minidump folder is filled with crash reports.  I have reinstalled Windows 7 8 times now formatting both my hard drives and have tried to revert back to the previous drivers only for it to BSOD again.  Have done a memtest and all memory is intact, testing one stick at a time.  Cleaned out RAM bay, unplugged everything and replugged, making sure everything is squared away and not loose.  The crashes have been completely random and have applied the memory leak hotfix as well to no effect.  I tried to attached my crash dumps to this post but it may not work, so if I could get some insight, I would greatly appreciate it.  I just want to use my computer again.

file:///C:/Users/Reinhart/Desktop/dumps/crashdmps.zip

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 1,654 Applies to:
Answer

Verifier doesn't "verify" drivers in the context you suggest - it enables additional runtime checks at the expense of performance. Keep driver verifier enabled as described, if the performance impact is tolerable. Is it?

You have a variety of bugchecks, of course.  The last three bugchecks came about with very few third-party drivers loaded.

The latest bugchecks are 0x124 - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. "This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. "

These details suggest that your processor or motherboard may be failing. The WHEA bugchecks are machine check exceptions that indicate a fatal bus error - BUSL0_SRC_ERR_M_NOTIMEOUT_ERR.  Despite this, you can try the following, in case it may help:

Ensure RAM is being run with the correct configuration.  Consider swapping RAM modules as previously suggested. If the BIOS is the latest, consider reverting to a previous version and see if that helps.  Also double-check BIOS settings; perhaps, note current settings, reset the BIOS defaults, and then adjust those settings you know are necessary to adjust.  Double-check voltage, etc. and ensure/verify CPU compatibility with the motherboard.  If you're overclocking, stop. Has the system ever been overclocked?  Ensure that there is adequate cooling and ventilation and that there is not a temperature problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.