My computer will not wake up from sleep mode and my display driver fails when i try to hook up my computer to a tv monitor with an s video cable

I am having particular problems when my computer sleeps by itself because of in activity or if i close my lap top.  Also when my computer is connected to my tv monitor with an s video cable, it will flicker for a while before i receive a BSOD.  

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 1,561 Applies to:
Answer
Hi jordan10,

a) What display driver are you using?

I would recommend you to enable this Display Adapter to wake the PC after sleep.

Follow the steps below:

Check if allow this device to wake the computer is checked in Device Manager.

1. Click Start, type Device manager in the Start search box and hit Enter.
2. Select keyboard, it will display your keyboard, right click and select ‘Properties’.
3. Select the ‘Power management’ tab.
4. Check the “Allow this device to wake the computer” check box.
5. Repeat these steps for Mouse and Network adapters as well.

I'd suggest you to update your display drivers, you  may visit the manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers and install.

But first uninstall the display drivers which is already installed when you installed it partially using the same steps given below before updating it.

Some devices have drivers that you need to install yourself. If you download a driver that isn't self-installing, follow these steps:

You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.  If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.‌

In the list of hardware categories, find the device that you want to update, and then double-click the device name.
Click the Driver tab, click Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.  If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

For more information see : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

Update drivers: recommended links

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Update-drivers-recommended-links

For more information:

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings, and check if it works properly.

Here are the steps:

1. Open the Power troubleshooter by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel.
2. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting.
3. Under System and Security, click Improve power usage.

If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

For more information, logon to:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-the-Power-troubleshooter

Same goes with Computer going to Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) when connecting a TV monitor, you have to update the display drivers

Azeez Nadeem - Microsoft Support

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.