Question

Q: Cannot print from new laptop to shared printer - "A print job in the print queue is preventing other print jobs from printing"

I recently bought a new laptop and want to print to a printer (HP Color Laserjet 1600) i have shared over the network from a windows 7 (x64) machine. When i try to print from my laptop it stays in the print queue and i have to run the troubleshooter on the host computer to resolve the issue and allow it to print. If i run the troubleshooter on the laptop it tells me it could not identify the problem while on the host it tells me "A print job in the print queue is preventing other print jobs from printing" and it says it fixed the problem and prints the document but i have to do this every time.

I also have this printer added to a laptop and a netbook and they both print the document just fine and have no issues.

The laptop i am having the problems is running Windows 7 (x64)

Thanks for any help in advance

Answer

A:

If  Bidirectional is checked on the Ports tab of the shared printer, uncheck and print again.

On the machine that does not work, what is the Owner name of the inbound documents.

Alan Morris Windows Printing Team; Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here: http://support.microsoft.com/search/Default.aspx?adv=1
Formerly with Windows print team

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 2,794 Last updated: March 23, 2018 Applies to: