External mic not recognised by Windows 7 installed on Boot Camp Of MacBook (Snow Leopard)

External mic not recognised by Windows 7 installed on Boot Camp Of MacBook (Snow Leopard).The sound system(via control panel ) shows internal mic (Cirrus Logic CS 4206A-AB01 ) as default,& on right-click to see disabled/disconnected devices,nothing shows up.I also installed the realtek driver from the Mac installation CD,nothing works.When I plug in the headset though,I get sound output from the only jack on the MacBook in the headset & the headphone shows up in the sound system too,but MIC doesn't show up (not recognised).I also uninstalled the Cirrus Logic device (not driver) & did restart.Windows 7 installed the device on restart,but the non-recognition of mic persists.

Please guide,how can the Windows 7 recognise the external mic.I don't want to use the internal mic (for speech recognition software).
Answer
Answer
There is nothing wrong with the mic.It works well on other computers.I looked over the internet ,it seems that the sound card of the Mac Book doesn't recognise analog headsets.It needs an adaptor (for conversion of analog inputs to something that it will recognise) or a USB mic,it seems should work.I plan to try a USB headset & see.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 15, 2020 Views 8,847 Applies to: