Question

Q: HP 6110 All-in-One printer stops printing one-tenth of the way down the page over & over (using Windows 7, Netgear Wireless Print Server)

We have a Netgear 54 MBPS Wireless Print Server (Model WGPS606) that is hooked up to our HP Officejet 6110 All-in-One (printer, copier, scanner, fax). We have three laptops printing to the 6110 through the print server. Two of the laptops are older and are running older versions of Windows. My new laptop is running Windows 7 Home Premium. The older laptops have no problem printing to the 6110 through the print server. My new laptop can print to the 6110 through the print server but what happens is that it prints one-tenth or so of the first page, then stops and feeds the rest of the sheet through without printing, then starts reprinting, stopping one-tenth, stops and feeds through.... finally the whole page prints but usually after a bunch of partial pages print. This is entirely frustrating and is wasting a lot of paper & ink. I'm thinking it could be a problem with Windows 7. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Answer

A:

Hi,

If your computer is having problems printing, try using the Printer troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that a printer is connected to your computer, and it checks for common issues such as whether the printer has enough paper and toner to complete printing your document.

Open the Printer troubleshooter by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under Hardware and Sound, click Use a printer.

Open the Printer troubleshooter

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-the-Printer-troubleshooter

Print management for IT pros

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Print-management-for-IT-pros

Hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you require further help.

Regards

Rehman – Microsoft Support

John Rubdy
Forum Moderator | Microsoft Community

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 752 Last updated: March 13, 2018 Applies to: