Win7 ATI graphic card problem

I bought a new Allienware desktop. The graphic card is ATI Redeon 5970. For the first 2 weeks, it worked well. After the first 2 weeks, the graphic card stared to crash by some reason (I don't know why). The whole screen stuck and freeze. I clicked Alt+Ctrl+Delete to reboot it, but it didn't work. All I could do was to pull off the power. I called AW customer centre, they said my graphic card was down, and replaced a new one for me. However, it didn't help at all. My computer stuck more often. Sometime, it freezes like once per 5 sec. Now i can't even use that computer. The system told me that "Display driver has stopped responding and it has recovered." Can someone please tell me how to solve it? 

I tried to restore my operation system. I checked my graphic card driver was installed correctly. I download it form ATI. However, it still doesn't help

What if I change my operation system to Vista, does that help?

It really ____ me off

Thank you

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 727 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Compassions,

I would suggest you to perform a Clean Boot and check which non microsoft program is causing the issue.

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows 7 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

1.      Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.

2.      Click Start Collapse this imageExpand this im, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility.

a.      Collapse this imageExpand thisIf you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

3.      On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)

4.      On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.

Note Following this step lets Microsoft services continue to run. These services include Networking, Plug and Play, Event Logging, Error Reporting, and other services. If you disable these services, you may permanently delete all restore points. Do not do this if you want to use the System Restore utility together with existing restore points.

5.      Click OK, and then click Restart.

For further information, visit the below mentioned link:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=929135

Steps for Normal startup:

1.      Click Start, and then click Run.

2.      Type msconfig, and then click OK.
The System Configuration Utility dialog box is displayed.

3.      Click the General tab, click Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services, and then click OK.

4.      When you are prompted, click Restart to restart the computer.

Thanks and regards,

Fouzan – Microsoft support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum 

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-%20US/answersfeedback/threads and let 

us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.