Standard VGA Graphics Adapter issue, Help!

Insalled Windows 7 on my Sony Vaio PCV -RX752, tried to playback video on WMP and It keeps crashing. Checked the Device Manager and see an issue with my Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. Windows update keeps downloading its own driver and installing and it does not fixt the error. 

One of the errors I got on the update advisor report is about the SIS 650-740 driver. I think that the driver for the VGA Graphics on the motherboard needs the SIS 650_740 but I cannot find one for windows 7. When I try to download the on from Sony Vaio they only have one for XP and Windows 7 wont let me install it.

Any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 4,787 Applies to:
Answer
"Canyon Cowboy" wrote in message news:a5a4b4cb-faf8-427c-a91b-fe5dd1141dc7...

Insalled Windows 7 on my Sony Vaio PCV -RX752, tried to playback video on WMP and It keeps crashing. Checked the Device Manager and see an issue with my Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. Windows update keeps downloading its own driver and installing and it does not fixt the error. 

One of the errors I got on the update advisor report is about the SIS 650-740 driver. I think that the driver for the VGA Graphics on the motherboard needs the SIS 650_740 but I cannot find one for windows 7. When I try to download the on from Sony Vaio they only have one for XP and Windows 7 wont let me install it.

Any suggestions?

It wasn't an error. It was a warning. When the correct video driver is not found for a graphics card, it reverts to a VGA driver which is as basic as there is.

There was no Vista support for your machine either. If you want decent video performance, you will have to purchase an AGP type nViidia N6600 or an ATI Radeon 9550  graphics card or better and plae it in the free AGP slot in your computer..

--

Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Mike Hall MVP - Windows Desktop Experience http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/
Windows 10 Pro - Start10 - part of a local network which is a '3rd party optimizer-free' zone..

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.