Graphics problem

Running W7 ultimate 32 bit. My graphics card is a Nvidia GTX280. Problem- When I run a game or even Spider Solitaire, the screen gets covered in a pattern and pixilates (at one point it was shutting my screen down to power saver mode)
Will use this game as an example - Rainbow 6 Las Vegas - I have downloaded all latest patches and also drivers 196.21 and beta driver 196.34. I booted in safe mode and removed driver, then did a clean with Driver SWEEPER and installed new driver as above. All worked well until I turned machine off. On next startup all was the same again so went through the process with Beta driver - same result again.
I checked the driver in Device manager and what seems to happen is that Win 7 uploads its own signed driver everytime as follows
Driver Files
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.dll
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvd3dum.dll
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvwgf2um.dll

Version WDDMv1.1
File Version 8.15.11.8593
Driver date 14.05.2009

Now this is an old driver but keeps reinstalling itself no matter what I do. How do I get 7 to accept the new driver? The funny thing is it affects Spider Solitaire but not Frecell on the freebie Windows games - go figure. I am totally at a loss and fed up rebooting my machine with what is obviosly a Windows problem and no support there now as I'm told to contact my comp manufacturer. Sorry but he is miles away from me since I moved.
Mick

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 645 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

Let’s try to force install the drivers for Windows 7 and check if it helps. 

Download the drivers for your version of Windows from the link mentioned below:

Windows 7 32-bit:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_32bit_196.21_whql.html

Uninstall the graphic card driver from device manager.

Follow these steps:

1.       Go to start and type in device manager in the search box and press enter.
2.       Then right-click on display adapters and click on uninstall
3.       Click on Action and select Add legacy hardware.
4.       Click on next and click on install the hardware that I manually select from a list.
5.       Now click next and then select display adapters.
6.       Click on Have disk and browse to the folder where you have saved the Windows 7 driver.
7.       Follow the instructions to complete the installation.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Afzal-Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.