windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them

Help me....

windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Detail are include in the CBS.LOG windir\logs\cbs\cbs.log. for example __c:\windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log

My first thank you, when you see my problem. I am using 64 bit Windows7, there are some probelm I faced:

1. Yahoo messenger has stopped working, had tried the old version until the new version remains the same result

2. Internet explorer has stopped working

3. TuneUp utilities 2010 has stopped working

I tried using SFC / scannow result like this

windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Detail are include in the CBS.LOG windir\logs\cbs\cbs.log. for example __c:\windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log

4. firefox, etc can work well

Question Info

Last updated April 18, 2018 Views 4,741 Applies to:
Answer
copy the file "C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log" to your document folder (otherwise you can't open it) and open it with notepad. Now search for errors. Which errors do you see?
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Hello roesdiantorrcc,

I suggest you to perform an in place upgrade which is also known as a repair install, following the below steps: 

Note Performing a repair installation will not damage files and applications that are currently installed on your computer.

Please make sure you Backup any and all important data before proceeding. Please see: Methods for backing up your files.

Always make sure you have the means to reinstall your programs, either through an install disk or having access to the installation files. 

1. Insert the Windows installation disc into your computer's DVD or CD drive. You must start Windows installation while running your existing version of Windows.

2. On the Install Windows page, click Install now.

3. On the Get important updates for installation page, we recommend getting the latest updates to help ensure a successful installation and to help protect your computer against security threats. You will need an Internet connection to get installation updates.

4. On the Type your product key for activation page, we strongly recommend that you type your 25-character product key to help avoid problems during activation.

5. On the Please read the license terms page, if you accept the license terms, click I accept the license terms.

6. On the Which type of installation do you want? page, click Upgrade to begin the upgrade. You might see a compatibility report.

7. Follow the instructions.

Note: If your installation disk does not include SP1, and you are updated to it, then you will have to uninstall it before performing an upgrade install. Start -> Control Panel -> Programs -> View installed updates, then select Service Pack for Microsoft Windows and click Uninstall. 

Note: The following settings will be reset to default:

Computer Sound Scheme

Device Drivers

Visual Effects

Windows Mail

Windows Services 

If you notice files missing after the upgrade look in the following folders:

C:\Windows.old

C:\$INPLACE.~TR

C:\$WINDOWS.~Q

These files can be cleared with disk cleanup as "Files discarded by Windows upgrade".

Delete files using Disk Cleanup 

For more information, refer the below link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044 

Regards,

Savan – Microsoft Answers!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.