display driver intel graphics accelerator driver for windows vista(r) stopped responding and has successfully recovered?

Hi, I just installed Windows 7 and it has been running beautiful up until I tried to connect my computer to my tv using an s-video cable. The screen repeatedly goes black and then I get a blue screen if I do not unplug the s-video cable. The error message that follows the screen going black reads

"display driver intel graphics accelerator driver for windows vista(r) stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Question Info

Last updated November 12, 2018 Views 26,825 Applies to:
Answer

Hi allison_bee,

As the error message indicates, it’s a driver issue. Updating the driver to the latest that is compatible with Windows 7 should fix this issue.

Card manufacturers often release updates to their drivers to enhance performance or fix compatibility issues. To get the latest driver for your graphics card from the manufacturer, visit the support page on the manufacturer's website for information on how to download and install the newest driver. Make sure you download a version of the driver for this version of Windows.

Additional information:

Update drivers: recommended links

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Update-drivers-recommended-links

If updating driver software doesn't solve the problem, try reducing (or turning off) graphics hardware acceleration by doing the following.
1. Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution.
2. Click Advanced Settings, click the Troubleshoot tab, and then click Change settings.
Note that some graphics card drivers do not permit you to change settings.
3. Move the Hardware acceleration slider toward None to reduce or turn off video hardware acceleration.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Shinmila H - Microsoft Support

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.