Question

Q: Print jobs stuck in the Print Queue and will not print on Windows 7 64-bit driver for HP Business Inkjet 2230 printer

I have installed the current HP Universal Printing PCL 5 driver on my Windows 7 64-bit OS.  When I try to print a test page on my HP Business Inkjet 2230 printer (USB to parallel cable connection) the job hangs in the print queue.  I can run the troubleshooter and purge the spooler but then I'm back where I started.  The next print command will result in the same error.

This appears to have also been a problem with Windows Vista (64-bit).  Suggestions to remedy the problem are welcomed.

Answer

A:

Hi Chapel by the Sea,

Before going in-depth into this issue, I need to collect some information from you, which is important for further troubleshooting:

1.    Please briefly describe the environment, including: whether the printer is connecting locally or shared? If it’s shared, which system or device acts as the print server? Is the network wireless or wired?

2.    How many computers are involved in this problem? Are the involved computers upgraded from Windows XP to Windows Vista? Or clean install? How long does the problem persists?

3.    What are the models of involved printers? Are they using LPT or USB interface?

4.    If the problem only occurs in one computer, have you tested other computers in the same environment? Please also let me know the system information of this computer, especially the model of the motherboard.

Uninstall the printer drivers that you have, Install the printer drivers from here .

If that does not resolve your issue perform steps from this link

Azeez Nadeem - Microsoft Support

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 3,775 Last updated: March 13, 2018 Applies to: