Question

Q: the lovely windows 7 operating system......will not recognize any of the usb devices, ie mouse, keyboard, ect, ect......i cannot download drivers for them because...you guessed it, cannot use keyboard or mouse to type, heh, any suggestions? This thread is locked from future replies

why arent usb devices recognized with windows 7?

Answer

A:

Not trying to be rude, but is windows 7 not going to be compatible with over 20 different mouse/keyboards? and on all 7 of my PCs ? for gods sake i hope not. This is clearly a windows 7 bug. The only way i have found to overcome this issue is to load cd, restart computer and go all the way back to inistial install resore point....which will not last forever, lovely having to re-install all the other drivers, programs, files, ect.......just to use a mouse/keyboard.!!!!!

Hi again :)  I just replied to 2 other threads from you talking about USB issues.  I didn't realize you'd already started a new thread for your problem.  Please post the files/info I requested in this thread.

This doesn't sound like a problem with the devices.  It sounds like a problem with the system, or the USB controllers inside (could be hardware, could be drivers).  The problem you've described in other threads is that you see some device appear in device manager with error code 43.  Is it the USB host controller, the root hub, or each of the devices?

Thanks,
Mark
Want to know if your current hardware & software will work with Windows 7? Check out these links: **Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor ** **Windows 7 Compatibility Center**

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 2,634 Last updated: March 13, 2018 Applies to: