i have been pulling my hair out on this one please help!
This is a new PC installed with windows 7 basic
I installed a physical printer via USB no problem , then tried to install a .pdf creator to send statements from a rental program. On installation and opening the .pdf creator program i receive an error that it does not have permission to open the temp folder. I then also tried to install a second printer via USB but constantly receive the message USB device not recognized! and the printer cannot be found or installed. The .pdf creator should create a pdf printer under printers but it hasent. I was convinced after scouring countless forums that the two problems were linked and had to do with -user account control settings - alas after disabling it no luck neither will work.
i have tried the following
- rebooted countless times unplugging the pc
- Turned UAC off and on with reboots in between and attempting .pdf creator install and the second usb printer install with this setting on and off with no luck.
- checked the register entry for UAC to ensure it was totally disabled
- checked that the second USB Samsung printer is 100% compatible with windows 7
- downloaded the latest .pdf creator installation files
- rolled back all the windows 7 updates with a system restore
- uninstall all the USB drivers which then reinstalled on reboot.
- Tried to manually add the Samsung printer using add printer
I am now at a loss and am convinced the two problems are linked. Any Help would be much appreciated