Question

Q: Missing ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics drivers in Windows 7 This thread is locked from future replies

I have an new Apple iMac i5 computer. It's an intel based unit and if someone, either Microsoft or Apple would supply drivers for the graphic card used in the unit, I would purchase your Windows 7 software and run it on the computer. Apple seems to be a little slow at this point in developing their Bootcamp software to support Windows 7 and the missing piece seems to be the drivers for the ATI graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 4850). I have a feeling that if Microsoft were to supply the missing drivers, perhaps as a upgrade, then you may find a whole bunch of these new iMac owners purchasing your software, namely me, among others. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Answer

A:

Hardware drivers are written and supplied by the hardware manufacturer. Microsoft will distribute WHQL drivers through Windows Update but does not write them.

For ATI drivers, see AMD Drivers & Software . For other hardware, see its manufacturer's site.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 2,566 Last updated: March 13, 2018 Applies to: