Question

Q: Defalt programs for mobile phone chip

Telling me to choose a defalt program/there is no program. Go to control panel choose defalt program to transfer from device to computer.

This what i did, i just want to fix it. I put the chip from my phone into the adapter and put it in the sdhd slot, then i was asked how i wanted to transfer the files. This is where i think i made the mistake i clicked on my oyimpus photo instead of the program that came with windows 7. I then got the message that there is no defalt program to/gp to control panel choose a defalt program. Is there a way to go back and choose the program that came with the computer?

Answer

A:

Hi cymisue,

a. I presume you want to transfer the contents of the memory card to your computer, is that correct?

b. By “chip”, are you referring to the memory card of the phone?

c. Have you checked if the memory card gets detected in Computer as a mass storage device?

If the device gets detected in Computer as a mass storage device, you may explore the device and transfer the contents from the device to the hard disk.

Additionally, you may change the default action for the device under AutoPlay settings.

Follow these steps:

1. Click Start and select Control Panel.

2. In the search box, type autoplay, and then click AutoPlay.

3. In the list next to the device or type of media, click the new action you want to use.

Refer the following articles for detailed information:

AutoPlay: frequently asked questions

Change AutoPlay settings

Troubleshoot AutoPlay problems

Additionally, set Windows Photo Viewer as the default program and check if that fixes the issue.

Refer the following article for instructions on setting default programs:

Change which programs Windows uses by default

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows7/Change-which-programs-Windows-uses-by-default

Hope this information helps.

Gokul - Microsoft Support

[If this post was helpful, please click the "Vote as Helpful" (green triangle) button. If it helps in resolving your issue, click "Propose As Answer" or "Mark as Answer" button. By proposing/marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 300 Last updated: March 13, 2018 Applies to: