Question

Q: Driver and hardware not finding each other This thread is locked from future replies

Just purchased a new PC w/ Win 7 home edition.  Need to add a wireless adapter to the PC.  Had a netgear wg111 usb adapter.  Could not find a driver.  Went to my local electronics store. Explained the situation and they recomended (of what they had to offer) a netgear wn111 usb wireless adapter.
Installed the driver on disk per mfg recomendation.  Driver does not find the hardware (which I plugged in when directed by the software).  Download the latest driver from Netgears website and repeat. Same results. 
System hardware does see the USB adabpter.  Click on it, and it says to install the driver.  Windows does not find the driver, even when directed to the folder.

Answer

A:

Hi azohawk,

In Microsoft compatibility center, some more information is coming for Netgear wg111 USB Wireless adapter to be fully compatible with Windows 7, which you can have a look at HERE.

I’d suggest you to run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any device attached to your computer is installed correctly.

·         Open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by clicking on the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under Hardware and Sound, click Configure a device.‌ If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

For more information, please visit the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-the-Hardware-and-Devices-troubleshooter

Also, please visit the manufacturer’s website from the link below and choose the appropriate version of Netgear wg111 model for more support assistance.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/products/family/a_id/1268

Hope this information helps you.

Regards

Yaaser - Microsoft Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 549 Last updated: March 13, 2018 Applies to: