Question

Q: Nvidia driver crashing Windows

Hi,

I have a HP dv9000 laptop with Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics card. After I installed windows 7 on it, I tried to update it with the latest driver from Nvidia website. As soon as the installation is completed, it prompts for a restart and the windows crashes upon restart. I have tried this numerous times and it is consistent every single time. The only option I have is to restore it back and then use the Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. Unfortunately, this means that I cannot use it for any games or any of the advanced features. Even at a minimum, I cannot even change the brightness of the screen.

Any help is appreciated, even how to increase the brightness will help. I have already tried Fn+F8 and all other hotkey combinations.

Thanks,
Suresh

Answer

A:

Press F8 on Boot and uninstall Your current graphic drivers. Restart and install drivers from below.

M oded Nvidia drivers ver 186.82.

How to install them under Win7 :
   1. Download driver here , double click and select extract,
   2. Download from this site with drivers also INF Modified and replace original INF in extracted folder,
   3. Install & reboot.

If You want to say thanks to anyone just click on Vote As Helpful (which is under every user avatar).

If Your problem is solved please mark then Your thread is with solution.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 1,638 Last updated: March 13, 2018 Applies to: