Graphics Adapter Driver for Gateway 7330GZ (Intel852GME)

Hi everyone, first time here.

My mom recently had a virus on her Gateway 7330GZ laptop and couldn't find her Gateway OS CD, so we bought and installed Windows 7 Professional 32bit.  The installation went without a hitch, installed all the drivers, had to get older Windows XP audio drivers as explained in this thread but other than that, not bad at all and runs pretty smooth.

The only problem is, Windows 7 installed the default graphics adapter driver and I can't find a real driver for my video adapter. I'm able to run at my laptop's native resolution, but there is no video hardware acceleration or anything like that, so even playing Spider Solitaire is near impossible and viewing youtube videos at fullscreen results in laggy viewing. I've run Intel's driver finder program and it says that I have a driver installed for it but the best one isn't supported by Windows 7... and Gateway's drivers for the 7330GZ are from 2004 and are only for XP.

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me, or if anyone knows of a workaround or a current driver that would support my system.  Thank you very much!

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 2,232 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

Intel has not released any windows 7 compatible drivers for 852GME graphics card.

Uninstall the drivers from device manager.

Follow these steps:

1. Go to start and type in devmgmt.msc in the search box and press enter.

2. Now click on the display adapter.

3. Right click on the display adapter driver and click uninstall.

Install the gateway drivers and intel drivers for XP in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

1. Right click the installation file and select Properties.
2. Click the Compatibility tab.
3. Under Compatibility mode, check the Run this program in compatibility mode for: option.
4. Select XP (Service Pack 2) or Windows XP (Service Pack 3) from the available options.
5. Click Apply and OK.

Make older programs run in this version of Windows
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows

Regards,
Afzal-Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.