CPU at 100% while using Radeon HD 4670 Graphics Card

I have a Radeon HD 4670 graphics card that I'm trying to use with Windows 7. The problem I am getting is that my CPU usage is 100% when I am using the graphics card. I have the newest driver installed for my graphics card. Any ideas how to fix this. When i run off my integrated graphics i dont get this issue. plz help

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 1,078 Applies to:
Answer

Hello Salmo031,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Answers Community.

Generally need to analyze the performance monitor logs to locate the root cause. Unfortunately, this is beyond the scope of what is performed in the Community. You may contact support, I would recommend contacting Microsoft Customer Support Service for assistance to resolve this issue efficiently. To obtain the specific request phone numbers please visit: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

Although based on past experience, such issues are quite possibly caused from device drivers. I would like to provide some suggestions that may help resolve the issue.

·          Update your motherboard driver for Windows 7.

·          Cancel request to automatically install driver after installing your video adapter and use the specified one from AMD.

·          Perform a clean boot to exclude the possibility that a 3 party application or service is causing a conflict. How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or Windows 7

Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Hope this helps

Chris.H
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.