Mini DV Firewire Capture

I recently installed Windows 7 RC on my computer; upgraded from Windows7 build 6800 and suddenly I cannot capture video from my Mini DV camerea (panasonic_ professional DVX-100b).  I had no such trouble on Windows 7 6800, but now no such luck.  On 7RC I hear the magic noise but nothing ever pops up and asks me if I'd like to capture.  I am using Sony Vegas 8 or 9 to capture the video, though I also tried to use Movie Maker, but also to no avail.  I did a clean install and still nothing.  The video camera is even recognized in the Device Manager, but does not work.  Please help if you have a solution or an idea.  I don't know what else to try and I can't seem to find anything helpful after scowering blogs all over the net.  

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 2,737 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Josh Pabst,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Windows Vista Community site. The issue you posted is related to an advanced user issue and would be better suited in the Windows 7 Technet community. Please visit the link below to find a community that will offer the support you request.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro?ITPID=sprblog

Regards,

Debbie
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Debbie

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.