Question

Q: Intel D955XBK sound driver for Windows 7 64-bit

Hello, ive recently re-installed Windows 7 64-bit on my home computer which I use as a media center.

Im having a problem with the drivers from intels site for the onboard sound for the D955XBK motherboard.  I have to use the Vista 64-bit driver and then specifically add the driver via the device drivers update section.

The problem is that this all works fine untill i exit Media Center then try and reload it.  It hangs on a black blank screen as if Media Center is trying to process something but it never does.

When i try to force a shut down it then hangs on playing windows shut down sound. 

It seems the sound driver is reverting back to an old installed driver each time i shut media center down.  So i have to go into device manger uninstall the present driver (ticking the completly remove the driver) then go through the install as above for the vista 64-bit driver.

This is all getting a pain unistalled the sound driver all the time.

Any help people or do i need to face that my motherboard is not supported by Windows 7 64-bit drivers?

Thanks

Answer

A:

From what I was able to find you have the latest IDT driver for this motherboard. You can try reporting the issue to Intel, but I'm not sure if they'll provide an update. You might check if they provide any older driver versions and try one of those.

Thanks,
Chris [MSFT]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Answer

A:

Thanks for your help anyways Chris.....I,ve posted the original question on the Intel site.

Think i might have to disable the onboard sound and get a cheap PCI card with optical output thats compatible with Win 7 64-bit.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 3,923 Last updated: March 13, 2018 Applies to: