Question

Q: Trying to install ati radeon hd 5780 drivers but nothing happening after pressing INSTALL This thread is locked from future replies

I just had my windows 7 home 64bit on C: everything worked perfect .

I bought new hard drive 1tb and formated it as quick format and made new clean installation of my windows 7 on the new hard drive .

Everything worked perfect so i decided to install the video card drivers on the new hard drive where the new OS is installed .

So i have downloaded the catalyst drivers for 64 bit ver 10.2 for windows 7 and my card but when i start installation im getting to where i need to press the INSTALL button when i press it nothing is happening .

After few second im getting window msg say application didnt install right so i can choose to : Reinstall application or Application is working ....something like that .

Sometimes im getting error window say something like Windows detected the program didnt installed properly ....show me some driver file and all ican do is Close .

Whats going on ? Everything worked perfect before .

Now i tried again i saw the installation circle working for 2-3 seconds and thats it nothing is happening not continue .

I tried catalyst drivers and none catalyst i even tried installed directly from my original cd came with the video card even if its older drivers version but same thing not working .

What can i do ?

Video card : ATI RADEON HD 5870 1GB

System os : Windows 7 home 64bit.

Thanks .

danieli

Answer

A:

Right click on the ATI *.exe file and select Run As Administrator.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Answer

A:

Also try disabling your anti-virus during the install.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 1,345 Last updated: March 13, 2018 Applies to: