Trying to install ati radeon hd 5780 drivers but nothing happening after pressing INSTALL

I just had my windows 7 home 64bit on C: everything worked perfect .

I bought new hard drive 1tb and formated it as quick format and made new clean installation of my windows 7 on the new hard drive .

Everything worked perfect so i decided to install the video card drivers on the new hard drive where the new OS is installed .

So i have downloaded the catalyst drivers for 64 bit ver 10.2 for windows 7 and my card but when i start installation im getting to where i need to press the INSTALL button when i press it nothing is happening .

After few second im getting window msg say application didnt install right so i can choose to : Reinstall application or Application is working ....something like that .

Sometimes im getting error window say something like Windows detected the program didnt installed properly ....show me some driver file and all ican do is Close .

Whats going on ? Everything worked perfect before .

Now i tried again i saw the installation circle working for 2-3 seconds and thats it nothing is happening not continue .

I tried catalyst drivers and none catalyst i even tried installed directly from my original cd came with the video card even if its older drivers version but same thing not working .

What can i do ?

Video card : ATI RADEON HD 5870 1GB

System os : Windows 7 home 64bit.

Thanks .

danieli

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 1,345 Applies to:
Answer
Right click on the ATI *.exe file and select Run As Administrator.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Also try disabling your anti-virus during the install.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.