How do I find and close a program using mirror drivers? My Aero effects are not working because of this
Aero Troubleshooting told me that "a running program uses a mirror driver (a type of display driver) which is not compatible with the Aero desktop experience. To allow Aero effects to be displayed, close any programs that use mirror drivers, such as Windows
Remote Assistance and Windows Live Mesh."
Aero effects were working fine earlier in the day. I had to get help from HP for some printer problems and I allowed them access to my computer and they removed and then reinstalled the printer files and that works fine now but the Aero effects do not.
I would appreciate any help.
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
1. Click on start button, type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Now in the device manager expand Display adapters, under this you should be able to see Mirror Driver.
3. Right-click on it and select properties.
4. In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.
5. After the uninstalling the drivers restart the computer. This should automatically install proper drivers for it.