(Code 39)Corrupted Driver DVDRAM, Windows 7 32 bit, Post "Compatibility mode for XP SP3" Install.

I recently was trying to get a camcorder to work with my new Win 7 PC. The Cam device allows a Web Cam configuration via USB but a Video Capture driver must be installed. This driver would not install on Win 7.

I tried installing the device in XP SP3 mode by using the Compatability option in the proerties of the .exe file while the file was on the CD. This stiil gave the error. The Capture will not work.

Now though my DVD drive will not work either. I tried disabling it, unistalling it and each time the driver installs the same way and gives the Code 39 error.

I also connected a USB DVD drive and it show the very same error. The DVD drives show a yellow triangle in Device manager now and niether show in My Computer. I have tried reboot with out the device then boot again with a drive (either) and it always has Code 39.

What can I do now?

I have a Ghost Image but I would rather find a solution incase it happens again.

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 872 Applies to:
Answer

The following MS KB article may help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116

Try the automated fix (Mats-Run.dvd.exe) and if that does not work then try following the steps for Windows Vista, which should also work for Windows 7.

These steps, to remove the UpperFilters and LowerFilters values, if they exist, at the named registry key may help.

Create a System Restore Point beforehand and restart the computer afterward.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.