New SATA boot drive that won't boot!

I have a new 2T SATA drive (seagate). It took about 5 days of research to FINALLY get my computer to see it.

I used Seagate's Disk Wizard to clone my older drive (IDE). The SATA drive was suppossed to become the C: drive. Disk maagement does label it as the c drive but in "computer" it sees it as F:

I disconnected my older drive and when I booted up the bios kept looking for the IDE drive. Although the motherboard has SATA built in, there seems to be no way to tell the BIOS that I want the SATA drive to be the primary boot drive. Also with the original drive disconnected I get a "NTLDR not found. Press control-alt-delete to restart."

I believe my BIOS is the problem. I have flashed it with the newest BIOS I could find, (dates from 2005) but no SATA adjustments in the BIOS.

How can I make the BIOS know that I want the SATA drive to be the primary boot drive? Or is there a way to trick the BIOS into thinking that it is an IDE drive? As it is, the computer is recognizing the SATA drive as a SCSI drive. I read somewhere that this is not a problem.

In summary, I want my system to boot from the SATA drive. I would like to reformat the original drive.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give me.

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 1,076 Applies to:
Answer

If you booted whilst your ide was still connected the clone procedure was not completed correctly and your ide will still contain the boot record, and the drive letters will be 'wrong'

You need to read your mobo manual to asertain what bios settings to use with the sata, and possibly which sata connector to use, before you can then boot from your sata (disconnect any other drives, except cd, including any media reader)

For further help post your mobo model

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.