Printer keeps showing up as "offline"

Hello!

I just bought a new Canon MF4370dn laser printer and followed the instructions that came with the printer for setting it up to print via the network. The printer printed the test page, but keeps showing up as "offline" and I can't print anything at all.  I have a Toshiba laptop that has Windows 7 on it (not sure if that's relevant).  I have very little knowledge of how networks work or how to set such things up properly, but I followed the instructions in the 'starter guide' that came with the printer.  The printer is plugged in and turned on, however keeps showing up as "offline" when I look at the printer queue.

Any help would be much appreciated!  Thanks in advance...

Question Info

Last updated May 27, 2018 Views 1,792 Applies to:
Answer
Hi,

It would be great if you could provide more information about your computer?

When was the last time the network printer showed online?
Was there any changes made to the computer recently?

Meanwhile, you may try few steps mentioned below:

- Right click on the printer and uncheck the offline status.
- Check with your Printer manufacturer to ensure you have the most updated drivers and that your drivers are compatible with Windows 7. You can do this by checking your printer manufacturer’s website.
- Check to assure your printer has not been set to “sleep” or “power save” mode. If the printer “sleeps” it could appear “offline”.

You may try restoring the computer to the date on which it was working fine.

To restore the operating system to an earlier point in time, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, type system restore in the Start Search box, and then click System Restore in the Programs list.  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
2. In the System Restore dialog box, click Choose a different restore point, and then click Next.
3. In the list of restore points, click a restore point that was created before you began to experience the issue, and then click Next.
4. Click Finish.

Thanks and Regards:
I. Suuresh Kumar- Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.