MS says Epson CX4600 Printer is WIN7 compatible with driver from Epson. Epson says they have no intention of providing driver.

I just purchased a pc with WIN7.  Epson CX4600 printer will not work with WIN7.  Microsoft WIN7 compatibility chart indicates that the printer is compatible (proudly displaying the WIN7 compatibility logo) and provides a link to download a driver.  The link takes you to the Epson site which states that no driver is available for the CX4600 printer.  I emailed Epson about the availability of a driver.  Their response was that Epson would not be providing a WIN7 driver.

So any suggestions to make Epson CX4600 work with WIN7?

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 1,040 Applies to:
Answer

Hey Mike, if you click on the link for Windows 7 you get prompted for 32/64, USB/Network, and Model  which return not supported.

I was able to install the XP driver using Add Printer.  No clue at all if this will drive the device on Win7 since I do not have the printer.

Formerly with Windows print team

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
This is the OFFICIAL Epson CX4600 driver support page for Windows 7..

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=41663&prodoid=46048266&BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=Downloads&platform=Windows&x=26&y=4

No idea why Epson would tell you that there are no drivers..
Mike Hall MVP - Windows Desktop Experience http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/
Windows 10 Pro - Start10 - part of a local network which is a '3rd party optimizer-free' zone..

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.