Question

Q: Windows 7 DVD Drive Disappearing problem

on 2 laptops - almost identical Dell Inspiron 1545's - I have installed W7 RC 64 Bit - After installation, the DVD drive seems to come and go at random - if its not showing, you can push the button to open the drive, and it reappears, and works fine for a while, but then it disappears again.

One one machine, I tried all of the suggestions about removing Uperfilters, and Lowerfilters, etc from the registry, disabled the integrity check, and turned off the driver check - have done all driver updates, and windows updates - now the drive works fine!

On machine 2 - did exactly the same things - drive still having this issue.   I have also tried installed 32 bit W7 on it, and same thing.  It originally came with Vista - and it worked fine.  Also, I know the drive is good - if it can boot and install Windows 7 twice!   Any thoughts/advice would be welcome!

Answer

A:

Hello, LlamaTronics

We appreciate you using the Answers Forum.

You will need to go to the Windows 7 Support forums at the following link for help troubleshooting your problem: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro

Thanks.

David
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
-----
If you can't fix it with duct tape, you haven't used enough.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 1,846 Last updated: March 13, 2018 Applies to: