Boot takes 20 minutes, will boot in safe mode.

When i booted up this arvo, the computer took 15 minutes to get to the log in screen. Upon clicking the profile image, I had to wait another 5 minutes of unresponsiveness for even the desktop background to display. Rebooted 3-4 times, still happened, booted in safe mode, (Which is how i'm writing this) and initially thought it was MSMPENG.exe that was causing me issues, So i removed MSE once i finally managed to get it going in normal mode. I thought the problem was fixed when i rebooted, and i had about 4-5 minutes of normal speeds before it slowed right down and became unresponsive. When the computer is Running, the actual computer itself sounds fine (Hard disk is chattering away) but when going slow and unresponsive it only makes noises every 1-2 seconds, if that makes any sense, as if it's under a really heavy load. hard to tell because i cant open anything.

Ran a system restore, didn't do anything. I need help soon!! I suspect a driver issue, but i'm just speculating.

Specs: windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

6gig DDR3 ram

i7-860 cpu

ATI 5770 GPU

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 620 Applies to:
Answer
It turned out that it wasn't any driver issues, but the Hard drive crapped itself. It's been replaced now.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.