dual monitor help PLEASE!!

Dell couldn't seem to solve my problem, so I'm desperately in need of help.  I have a Dell Inspiron 580, i3 processors....  The machine has one vga output, and HDMi..  I want to run two monitors, so Dell informed me to buy a second Vid card.  I did, installed a Raedon JD2600 pro 512mb with two DVI connections and one Dvi adapter.  I hooked both monitors up, and it will either run one monitor on the ATI card, or one on the INTEL card, but I cannot extend the display.  I was on the dell support line for over an hour, and  they told me to just go buy another DVI adapter and plug it in...... so if that's true, I cant run two cards?

any help greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 475 Applies to:
Answer

Have you tried disabling the Intel card in Device Manager then connecting both monitors to the ATi card usin 2xDVI cables. If this doesn't work then uninstall the Intel drivers in Device Manager, reboot.

Its not usual to have 2 different makes/models of graphics card in the same PC - usually its matched by manufacturer in SLI or Crossfire modes.

All answers and suggestions are provided by an enthusiastic amateur and are therefore without warranty either explicit or implicit. Basically you use my suggestions at your own risk.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.