Windows 7: Can't play full screen games

Now I know this is a very common issue but so far I have found nothing like what I have an issue with. First of all:

• Acer Aspire Z5600
  • Windows 7 Home 64x
  • Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5400 @ 2.70GHz
  • 3.00 GB Ram
  • 500 GB Internal Hardrive, 1 TB External Hardrive
  • Intel G45/G43 Express Chipset
  • Native resolution 1920 x 1080

Okay roughly 3 months ago I had no issues with full screen and every game worked perfectly. Now there are no games I have that will play in full screen without the screen going funky on me. By funky I mean it turns black, white, grey, (quarter segments Blue/Red/Green/Yellow) then black again and continuously go through this cycle. I have uninstalled the chipset and reinstalled with all new drivers. I have changed and Tried all resolutions in all games with always the same effect and this also happens when I try to change the native resolution. Nothing works but 1920 x 1080.

If anyone can help me that would be great. My luck it's just something simple but I have exhausted my brain on this matter for some time and I would like some help.

Answer
Answer

(This is written for anyone who doesn't know Windows 7 too well. Windows Vista should be the same fix. If there are any Windows XP issues like this, Post it and I will do what I can)

Ok I am back after a very busy holiday season and I have fixed the issue (of course it was so easy). All I did was go into my START menu, click DEVICES AND PRINTERS. Depending on what device your video card is under (Mine is in the all in one image of my computer) you'll want to double click that one. Move over to the HARDWARE tab and scroll down until you see your video card you have installed (You might see many options pertaining the card as well. This is fine). You're going to go into PROPERTIES of any and all topics containing your card and ROLL BACK THE DRIVER on the DRIVERS tab. This will take away any updates Microsoft has put onto your card thus finally allowing you to play games in full screen (resizing your resolution).

I checked any and all Microsoft websites/blogs/affiliates/ or even any help sites and the sad part was, there was no help to this issue. I did however find a certain little blip of info that triggered my mind to this fix. Microsoft had stated there were a lot of issues with updates that came out recently. That was all they said. Nothing to try and help and no info to how their going to fix this with a new update. As far as I know there will be no updates to fix this issue for the ACER Z5600 Media All In One Touch Screen PC.

If rolling back all your drivers causes any issues for any other software you have (no issues for me) then I suggest update all your drivers again and do trial and error with rolling back and updating until you have all programs happy. If they all can't coincide then I suggest replacing one of you're games/programs (whatever software is giving the issue) to a more reputable one.

Well I really hope this fix helps everyone with this issue. My life has become just that much easier and no more mind frying times, lol. If this did work for you then please click "Mark as Answer" so others can also enjoy their time again. :D

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 11, 2019 Views 24,491 Applies to: