TDR FIX HERE. IT ACTUALLY WORKS.

I was playing mirrors edge then the screen goes black and the computer becomes unresponsive.

I have 650gtx and a i7 so its probably not a performance issue.

I have my PC door open and neither of them turned off. (I can tell by the fans)

Can someone please read this crash dump file and help me.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=a2cb255561c38210#cid=a2cb255561c38210

Question Info

Last updated April 5, 2019 Views 44,597 Applies to:
Answer

Apparently the 320.xx series has been a problem for users of GTX400 & 500 series cards. I have a

GTX560ti, but still have the 310.90 drivers and can verify they are stable. While newer drivers may
have more optimisations for your GTX650 than they do for earlier series you may still want to try
using the 310.90, at least while troubleshooting.
- Uninstall the all components of the current drivers (including PhysX, 3D , Nvidia HD audio and the updater) via Programs and Features and reboot the machine.
When installing the new drivers select the clean install option. If you don't use HDMI  don't install the
Nvidia HD audio. The same applies to 3D and personally, don't bother with the updater.
Reboot again after reinstalling.

Thank you for specifying this.  After reviewing a number of minidumps with online analysis, I identified the TDR error with my GT 430 card and was unsuccessful with the other suggestions but using the 310.90 drivers with my htpc setup, it is stable now.  I uninstalled the unnecessary components as well.  Goes to show that despite all of the advertised benefits of upgrading drivers by NVIDIA, in my case, it was just an unnecessary headache.  Thanks for the cure!

By the way and from what I also learned, if you remove your drivers for the card and only restart the computer, I found that Device Manager won't find the appropriate VGA drivers and keeps installing the Intel onboard graphics, video drivers.  I needed to shut down completely rather than restarting to have DM see the 430.  Thanks again!

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.