Windows 7 support has ended

Get Windows 10 to continue receiving support.

Upgrade now

Soldier Of Fortune Platinum Edition Windows 7 64-bit Load Library Defsnd.dll error

Hi guys so I wanted to go back and play Soldier Of Fortune (Platinum Edition) again because I felt nostalgic and it has been over 10 years since I last played this awesome game, so after I successfully installed the game on my Windows 7 64-bit PC, I renamed SoF.exe to MOHAA.exe after I created a new shortcut for SoF.exe,  I tried launching the game for the first time, I get these two errors (see two pictures below.) what's odd is that this game worked on my Laptop no problems, (it has Windows Vista 32-bit.) but on my Windows 7 64-bit desktop I get these two error messages:

I tried looking up for a fix for this "defsnd.dll" through google and yahoo, but definitely found nothing but a complete blank.

You Can Find My PC Specs Here On This Link To My Last Post About Medal Of Honor Allied Assault

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-gaming/medal-of-honor-allied-assault-spearhead-and/903a82a2-78fa-41ae-9bb8-9ad648330c75:

NOTE: Soldier Of Fortune Platinum Is already Pre-Patched to 1.07

Any help is appreciated because I really want to get back in on this game.

Question Info

Last updated May 23, 2020 Views 1,018 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
I've actually tried everything, but I figured out a solution that worked, I downloaded the community version and installed it and took all of its .DLL and sofplat.isu and uninstalled it, after that I reinstalled the Platinum edition and replaced all the .DLL's and the sofplat.isu in the Platinum edition folder then boom it worked 

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.