ShellExecuteEx failed; code 67

I'm setting up and installing software and games to a new Windows 7 Professional 64-bit PC.  I'm trying to install a game called "Desktop Taipei" from LenaGames.  I get the above error message, along with "The network name cannot be found."  I'm not trying to set it up over a network or on a PC to be used by other PCs on a network, I just want to install it under a single user on one PC.

Answers?  Suggestions?  Other places to look for the solution?

Thanks,

Walter M. Clark
|

Hi Walter,

I see that you are unable to install a game. I will help you with this issue.

1.Do you have a disc for this game?

2.Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

3.Is the issue confined to this game?

A clean boot helps to verify if any third party application service or startup item is causing this issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow step 3 in the article to boot to normal startup.

Let us know if you need further help with any windows issue. We will be glad to help.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, sorry I've taken so long to get back to you on this.  The clean boot did nothing so I left everything related to that game alone and thought about it.  I eventually realized I was downloading the game to a folder on the C:\ drive but moving it to a folder on the D:\ drive for both storage AND installation.  I copied it back to the original folder on the C:\ drive and it installed from there with no problems.

I haven't experienced this with anything else so I guess there's something about that specific game that it has to be installed from the original folder.

Problem solved.

Thanks, anyway.

Walter M. Clark

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Walter,

Thanks for the reply.

Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue. Your efforts to resolve this issue is very much appreciated. Feel free to post your query here on Windows Forums, we would be happy to assist you.

Thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 24, 2021 Views 10,343 Applies to: