I have a windows 7 PC and and xbox 360 why is the media centre experience so miserably awful

I used to have a vista pc and that worked with the xbox 360 just fine but I purchased a Windows 7 pc 4 or 5 months ago and the media centre and xbox 360 experience is just horrible I hate it, it just doesn't work for me. I was recently off work and spent a week streaming tv with my xbox from the net via netflix iplayer etc and that works just fine but when I try to play video from the media centre app or the video app it fails miserably. With the video app when I run it it asks me for a pc to connect too, I can see my pc listed but when I click on it it says its not setup with the xbox. If I run the media centre app it brings up the menu although it seems to lag randomly and then when I play a video it plays and randomly freezes saying I have no network connection however if I run netflix it works fine and if I test it to both the media centre and the xbox live it says its connected. The media centre experience on windows 7 and xbox 360 is a hateful one I have tried all the tuning options, PC is set to always on with everything set to max performance, purchased and new router (the pc is wired and the 360 is wireless) and as I said all of the streaming from the web apps work perfectly. Can anyone offer any sugguestions becuase I'm just about to throw it all in the bin and give up on it altogether.

Hi Brian,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I understand that you have a bad experience with Windows 7 and Xbox 360. I will help you with this issue.

1.What is the make and model of the computer?

2.Which security software is installed on the computer?

3.Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

I would suggest you to post your question in the xbox 360 support forum here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/browse?xr=shellnav

Hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have a PC I built myself and have been running windows 7 with norton 360 on it perfectly the who media centre experience has been aweful though. My media centre will see my xbox and I link it with the codes on screen but it will not play for more that 30 seconds without freezing saying I have no xbox live connection loading up netflix or iplayer work straight away and when I try to use the media player app instead of the miserable media centre the xbox sees my pc in the list but when I select it it says that theres no pc. I can connect to the net on both without any issue and I can stream and remote control my pc from my android phone without any issues its just the miserable miserable xbox experince that lets everything down.

PC Spec

I7 4.3GHz

16GB Kingston HyperX Ram

Agility 3 SSD

2xnVidia 680gtx's in sli

Asus P8Z77-V motherboard

etc etc etc...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 27, 2018 Views 28 Applies to: