how can i make championship manager 3 compatible for windows 7 after trying previous answers about the problem that did not solve the problem?

the game has installed but will not run! it pops up a message saying sorry not supported on windows NT. What can be done to fix this???

Hi,

- Was the game compatible with Windows XP and Vista?

I'd suggest you to run the game in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

it wasn't compatible with either and i tried running it in compatibility mode and nothing happened? i think its just the game is out of date as its season 98/99.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Daniel,

I found this thread where the poster is asking the same thing as you:

It seems that the only known way to get this game to work is to use Windows XP Mode within Windows 7 (only available on Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise):

Sorry this didn't help.

I managed to get CM3 to run with the original database on windows 7 by doing the following

1. Right click on computer - click advanced system settings - click Performance settings and tick 'Let windows decide what's best for my computer'

2. Install Championship Manager 3 from the CD ROM but do not start the game

3. Go to your C drive and click Program Files (x86) - click Championship Manager 3 and copy the Data folder, save this somewhere easy to find on your computer

4. Run the update patch - cm3_official_v304e.exe, (if you don't have the patch, it is available at Patches-scrolls.de website), don't start the game yet

5. Go to where you saved the original Data folder and copy this - go back to Program Files (x86) - Championship Manager3 and paste the Data folder - when you are asked to merge or replace the files, click 'Yes to all'

If you want to check the size of the Data folder, right click the folder, click properties it should be about 26.3MB

6. Put your CD ROM back in the computer and start the game

Hopefully this will work for anyone wishing to play CM3 with the original data, still my favourite as this is what started it all for me

11 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 27, 2020 Views 6,181 Applies to: